We offer a wide range of courses at the University. Some of these are:
- Undergraduate degrees
- Postgraduate degrees including research programmes
- Pre-degree programmes
- Study abroad and Exchange
- Or you can study in your own country
There are many subjects for you to choose from- search our courses to see what you can do.
English language requirements
You need a minimum level of English language skills in order to study any undergraduate or postgraduate course the University of Sunderland.
If English is not your first language you should have at least one of the following qualifications (or equivalent) as a minimum:
- British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS): You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Pearson Test of English Academic with a minimum score in each individual element of 54
- TOEFL score of 550 or above for Paper Based Tests or 87 Internet Based Tests
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C or above
- Cambridge Certification in Advanced English (CAE) grade C or above
- O-Level English Language or GCSE English Language grades A,B or C (UK Exam board)
- Malaysian SPM 1119, grade 6 or above (only grades 1,2 or 3 are acceptable for Law)
- Degree in English
If you have another qualification not listed above, contact the International Office for advice.
If you do not have the necessary level of English you may need to take one of the University's English and Foundation courses before you begin your course.
If you have any questions about your English Language requirements, contact the University of Sunderland's International Office: email@example.com / +44 (0) 191 515 3000