Study abroad and exchange
You can join the University of Sunderland for one or two semesters. Our programmes are flexible and you can choose to study at Sunderland (there are some restrictions) before returning home to resume your studies.
If you are from one of our exchange partners then you can join our Exchange Programme, if not, then you can still enjoy one or two semesters at Sunderland by joining our Study Abroad Programme. The Study Abroad Programme works much in the same way as the Exchange Programme where you will receive credit for any work successfully completed. The only difference is that as there is no formal exchange agreement with the University of Sunderland you will be required to pay a tuition fee.
Why choose Sunderland?
- a dedicated Study Abroad Coordinator will assist you before, during and after your study abroad period
- a guaranteed single room accommodation in modern hall of residence
- free pick-up from the local airport/railway station/ferry terminal on arrival
- comprehensive induction session and orientation programme on arrival
- all classes with UK and international students
- free email and internet access
- state-of-the-art facilities
- a lively coastal city with a beautiful beach, historical sites and modern city centre
- access to all university support services, the UK 's health care system and our local health adviser completely free of charge
- access to local and national transport network for travel within the UK, Europe and beyond.