How much it will cost?
When thinking about taking part in an exchange, the basic financial considerations are the same as if you were studying at Sunderland no matter which country or programme you choose. As an example, if you were living in on campus halls of residence you would currently be budgeting for:
- Tuition fees (These will be paid as normal to Sunderland during your exchange)
- Living Expenses (includes travel and social activities)
On an exchange placement you would need to budget for these additional costs:
- All Flights
- Visa Costs (applicable for placements outside of the EU)
- Health Insurance (in most non-EU countries, this is compulsory)
- Application fee (only applicable to non-EU exchanges)
- Additional deposits or fees for host university
So really, when you look at the true 'additional' costs of an exchange placement, they aren't much different to what you would be paying here at Sunderland.
The current 2011-12 non-EU placements are eligible for halved tuition fees on a full year placement and any full year European exchanges e.g. Erasmus will not have to pay any tuition fees to Sunderland. This is subject to change year on year.
For USA, Canadian or Australian exchanges please see the proof of financial ability
information pages for more information.