Postgraduate Academic Assistant in Tourism
My research focuses on the use of augmented reality in cultural heritage sites. I undertook my undergraduate degree in Tourism Management at the University of Teesside, before gaining extensive industry experience working in marketing and events management in the heritage attractions sector.
During this time, I also gained my Professional Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Teaching and supervision
I teach across all undergraduate courses in the Tourism, Hospitality and Events department including:
- BSc (Hons) Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
On the following modules:
- TLH302 Strategic Planning For Tourism and Leisure
- TLH119 Global Tourism
- TLH210 Current Issues in Tourism and Hospitality
I am currently completing a PhD around the use of augmented reality and how it can assist the business development of heritage sites through visitor experience, with special reference to the North East of England.
- Events management
- Leadership and management
- Customer service
- Digital technology in tourism