The web links below list the programmes and routes, all routes are part time. The PGCE / PG Certificate in Medical Education and year 1 of the Masters programmes consists of a core module of 30 credits and a route module of 30 credits. Each route module is unique to that programme, consisting of key pedagogy reflecting the title of the award. Year 2 of the Masters programmes detail the remainder of the credit structure.
The PGCE / PG Cert in Medical Education and year 1 of the Masters programmes is taught over 12 months, Thursday, 09:00-3:00pm.
Year 2 of the Masters programmes is taught on a Tuesday, 09:00-3:00pm.
The Post Graduate Certificate in Education, PG Certificate in Medical Education and Masters programmes have been mapped to the UKPSF and is accredited by the Higher Education Academy (subject to approval) as a programme which leads to Fellowship of the HEA. On successful completion of the course, you may apply for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, providing you with recognition of your practice. The award of Fellowship is dependent on the student providing evidence of achievement against Descriptor 2. Descriptor 2 details how a Fellow demonstrates a broad understanding of effective approaches to teaching and learning support as key contributions to high quality student learning.
Students undertaking these programmes are expected to have a substantial teaching workload which should equate to more than 100 hours of direct student contact per annum. The majority of participants will be academics on a teaching or research contract although the programme is open to research assistants and associates who also contribute to teaching in clinical education roles. All internal staff must have their line manager's approval to undertake the programme and complete a Staff Qualifications Form and send to HR dept:
External applicants apply through direct entry, the APPLY link is within the web link information for each programme:
- PG Cert in Medical Education: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/medicine/pgcert-medical-education/
- Master of Medical Education: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/medicine/master-medical-education/
- PGCE Higher Education: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/education/pgce-higher-education/
- Master of Education (Higher Education): https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/education/med-higher-education/
- PGCE Health Professions: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/nursing/pgce-health-professions/
- Master of Education (Health Professions): https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/nursing/med-health-professions/
For further details please contact Guy Tucker Programme Leader PGCE - firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 0191 515 3325