The amount of rent you’ll pay will vary depending on the type of accommodation you choose. You can see a full breakdown of costs in the table below. The cost of rent covers your bills, so gas and electricity, water, internet, and personal possessions insurance are all included. You also won’t need to pay for council tax when you live in student accommodation.
||Price per week
||Total cost (40 week contract)
||Total cost (50 week contract)
|River view ensuite room
|Refurb ensuite room
|Refurb river view ensuite room
|One bedroom flat
|Family houses (2 adults and 2 children)
- Bills: Your bills are included in the cost of your rent, which means you won’t have to pay anything extra for gas and electricity, water, internet, or personal possessions insurance.
- Internet connection: We understand the importance of having a fast and reliable internet connection and we can guarantee 50 Mbps with unlimited downloads and uploads as standard in each bedroom.
- Contents insurance: We offer contents insurance with Endsleigh, the number one student insurance provider, as part of your accommodation package.
- Catering facilities: All our student accommodation is self-catered, providing fully equipped kitchens.
- Laundry facilities: Cashless, onsite laundry facilities.
- Bedding pack: If you’re staying in accommodation for 19 weeks or more, you can collect a complimentary bedding pack from reception on your arrival, which includes a pillow, pillowcase, duvet, duvet cover, and bedsheet.
- Cleaning service: A weekly cleaning service for communal areas, except for our ensuite rooms at Scotia Quay.
- Car parking/transport: Free car parking and cycle storage facilities are available to all our residents. We offer free transport across each of our accommodation sites, keeping you well-connected with both campuses and the city centre. The Students’ Union provides a free shuttle bus service to students living in Scotia Quay, operating to and from both our campuses.
What's in my room?
All rooms are furnished with the following:
- Internet: Wi-Fi/hardwired (high speed 45Mbps)
- Desk and chair
- Single bed and bedside table
- Washbasin and mirror
- Mini fridge
Inside your flat you will find:
- Fridge freezer
- Oven and hob
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
- Mop and bucket
What support is available?
We care about your safety and wellbeing, which is why we offer 24/7 security at our accommodation, as well as onsite student support from our dedicated Residential Assistants. When you arrive, our Residential Assistants and the Students’ Union Welcome Team will be there to help you between 9am and 6pm. They can escort you to your accommodation, show you around and help you with your bags.
If you have any extra requirements that you would like us to know about before you arrive, please state these on your accommodation application.
For further information about our accommodation, contact the team on 0191 515 2943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.