Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Travel history, passport and personal information

Home / Help and advice / Info for international students / Immigration compliance / Travel history, passport and personal information

As part of your pre-CAS checks, we will ask for your travel history and any previous visa refusals and if you have previously studied in the UK. International students can no longer bring dependants to the UK with them on their Student visa, unless they are studying a PhD or other doctorate (RQF level 8) or a research-based higher degree.

The passport you upload to CAS Shield must be the same passport you will use when applying for your Student visa as it will be added to your CAS. We will use your passport to ensure the personal details we hold about you are the most accurate. If your name has changed, for example, due to marriage, you will need to upload a copy of your marriage certificate to CAS Shield. 

Published: 14 December 2023