We have your success in mind
As you become an established research degree supervisor, you will be expected to support the university’s ability to run research degree programmes by taking part in the quality processes.
The Panel Members section of this course will prepare you for becoming a postgraduate review panel member, including acting as a Chair/panel member for Rev1 and annual monitoring reviews. It will inform you of the roles and responsibilities of the Chair and panel members, and provide the opportunity to explore the challenges that you may confront.
The postgraduate research examiner section of this course will prepare you for becoming a Chair/examiner for the Viva examination. It will inform you of the roles and responsibilities of the Independent Chair and Research Degree Examiner, highlight the differences between the examination procedures for different research degrees, and provide the opportunity to explore the challenges that examiners may confront.
Our programme is designed to
- Help you understand the roles and responsibilities of the Chair, Panel Members and Examiner
- Help you plan for postgraduate reviews and/or examination and consider situations that can occur
- Locate the corresponding policies and procedures
- Describe the local and national quality assurance mechanisms
Our teaching approaches this year
- Offer a face-to-face workshop
- Offer links to policies and process related materials for reference.
The development programme
The programme provides staff with the opportunity to consider how best to use policies, procedures and assessments in assessing student progress.